2019 SPRING/SUMMER INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY
James Lima Planning + Development, a real estate, economic development and public policy advisory firm, based in New York and working throughout the United States, is seeking an intern to assist with research, analysis, and project management tasks related to one or more district/master planning, private development, and urban revitalization projects, on behalf of JLP+D’s private developer, public agency, and / or foundation clients. The specific internship assignments will be determined based upon JLP+D’s greatest staff support needs as well as the skills and interests of the selected intern.
Assignments will support the firm’s portfolio of work and may draw from the following:
- conducting quantitative analysis and qualitative research related to urban planning and development initiatives, including performing literature review and analyzing real estate, economic, demographic, and geospatial data
- evaluating real estate and economic development scenarios, including building and managing dynamic financial models
- producing individual research and/or white papers investigating and synthesizing areas of opportunity in urbanism and economic development (based on intern interests and experience)
- coordinating engagement processes with public and private stakeholders
- supporting proposal development for RFPs and RFEIs
- other business development and administrative support
Applicants should have strong research, market and financial analysis, writing, presentation, project management, and organizational skills and be able to think creatively about synthesizing planning and design, public policy, and financing considerations to create implementable plans for more vibrant cities.
A Bachelor’s degree in urban studies, city planning, geography, economics, real estate, and other social sciences are required. Current Master’s degree candidates in a related field are encouraged to apply.
Applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to Yuxiang Luo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
James Lima Planning + Development works with a wide range of public and private sector clients and collaborators providing advisory services for some of the most complex and high-profile mixed-use, neighborhood, downtown, campus, and regional development projects across North America. Through its focus on the “the economics of place-making”, JLP+D helps develop innovative strategies that leverage public-private partnerships to access untapped value and maximize public benefit to ensure the long-term economic, social and environmental sustainability — from planning and development of former industrial waterfront and downtown district growth strategies to cultural art facilities development, affordable housing, and adaptive reuse of historic properties. See www.jameslimadevelopment.com